Hi, I'm Tyson. Adopt Me!
German Shorthaired Pointer
Brown and White
Not ready to adopt?
Tyson is available to Sponsor!
Tyson’s tail is always wagging and his body is always wiggling! He’s a happy boy because there is so much fun to pack into each day. There are balls to catch, stuffed animals to squeak and people to snuggle. This one-year-old, 50-pound German Shorthaired Pointer just wants to do it all, and the fact that he has only three legs does not slow him down one bit! Tyson underwent emergency amputation surgery to remove his hind leg after being hit by a car and suffering a severe, open fracture. Now, Tyson has healed from his surgery and he fills his days playing with toys, enjoying his human friends and taking cozy naps on his dog bed. This athletic boy is adjusting to life on three legs like a champ. After his surgery, he learned how to balance and move in a new way, and now it’s a new normal for him.
Tyson is now ready to take that next step into a forever home or a temporary foster home. He needs:
- An active household where he can run, walk and hike
- A yard with space to play and explore (he’s not an apartment dog)
- An adopter that can continue his obedience training (pre-registration for obedience classes required)
- A single pet household or home with a dog with a similar activity level and proper introduction
- An adult adopter or family with kids over age 6
Tyson is grateful for his second chance and now he’s ready to take the next step into a home of his own. Meet and greets can be arranged once your online application has been received and approved.